Monday 22 November 2010

Design Boards

In order to start with designing my boards I decided to hand render a range of layout ideas. Obviously when the sketches are this small it's hard to fully gage what the proportions will look like when blown up to A2 size. All the designs are based around the use of large scale images and as little type as possible. As you can see I also have used strokes at the top and bottom of every page, almost as if I am framing what is shown on page. Below are scans of my ideas.






After initial sketches I went on to design larger scale ones that depict the images in slightly greater detail. As you can see I aim to have a clear subject displayed on each one of the five boards. The first one is a simple large scale product shot, the second being shots of individual items within the product, the third being screen shots of digital development, whilst the fourth deals with hand drawn development. At this point in time I'm not sure what the fifth board will deal with, I'm thinking a little bit of inspiration and perhaps my product in context.





For my final crit I had to have first drafts of my five presentation boards designed. I used mock ups of my product to create the necessary imagery and my self designed alphabet for sub headings and page numbers. I printed the boards off on A3 paper in black and white to save money, and in my crit I was faced with quite helpful feedback. It became apparent that my last 'inspiration board' was unnecessary and instead I should have a greater wealth of product shots, including ones that show the intricate details of my designs. The group liked how I placed strokes at the top and bottom, however one criticism was that they did not have enough flare. I think I can deal with this next time by injecting more colour.





No comments:

Post a Comment