Monday 22 November 2010

Assembling Final Products

Today I had a session booked in the print room for my final resolutions. Below are a few images of the different aspects of my final packaging. The first image is of my 'decorational items' packaging, printed onto 115gsm tracing paper. I chose tracing paper for these particular nets because I would like for the customer to be able to see what is inside the bags, without necessarily having to open them up. The second image is of a brand new scalpel I bought in order to ensure neat, clean lines on all of my final nets. An essential!



Below are my final seven icing tube nets, before assembly. As you can see I chose to go with a colour scheme that ran within the rest of the packaging, rather than assign each icing tube with the appropriate colour. I think I chose to have the pastel blue as the main colour as it not too vibrant and therefore painful on the eyes. Instead the really bright yellow and pink are left for highlighting and enhancing.


Below is an image of what the two parts of my sleeve looked like when cut out as precisely as possible and then scored and folded in all the right places. Obviously this picture may make no sense to someone who was not as involved with the design process as I was, however when the two nets are brought together, all becomes clear. The image below that shows the detail of the designs on the edges of the sleeve, and the high contrast between the blue and pink, with a nice yellow intermission.



Amid the mess on my desk below are probably the two most vital components of my product. On the left is the fully cut out net for the bottom half of my product, and on the right is the top half. This image was obviously taken before I scored and folded all the edges in on themselved to create a solid piece of design.


Lastly is an image of me using a large ruler and an incredibly sharp scalpel to shred some yellow tissue paper that I purchased. This shredded paper would then be placed within the bottom of my packaging, to act as 'padding' whilst also adding a nice aesthetic. I thought of this idea when researching kids baking kits and found that it was a popular choice. Evidence of this can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment