Monday 15 November 2010

Cookie Cutter Designs

With the idea being to simple wrap a long piece of paper around my self shaped cookie cutter I assumed coming up with an aesthetic would be easy. However I was quite wrong. Because of the unusual canvas shape I had to come with a pattern that held its own when repeated along a thin strip. I used Illustrator to come up with a few ideas, which can be found below. At this stage in time I'm still not sure which colour scheme I am going to use so there are a range of colours found below.


I printed off my favourite two pieces and decided to mock up a cutter. Previously I had made skull shapes that weren't as successful, but rather than throwing them away I kept them for times like these. Below are what my final cutter will look like, but obviously with better patterns and a neater skull shape.



No comments:

Post a Comment