Wednesday 13 October 2010

Aztec Patterns


I decided for my one word to choose 'Aztec' and for the one image I chose an image of three hanging rugs that I captured whilst in a local weaving factory in Oaxaca, Mexico. Needless to say I thoought it a good idea to start creating patterns inspired by the design visible. I thought it would be a good idea because they could be used on or inside my three packaging variation. I started by hand rendering some patterns before scanning these images in and working on illustrator to create some vector imagery. Below are four images that show my hand rendering in progress.





From here on I saw no point in continuing designing on paper as it takes a long time to get all the lines parallel and coloured in, so I decided to go to the next step and start creating vector images. As you can see from the below imagery I needed the grid visible to help with straight lines and to ensure perfect squares. I used just two colours, cyan and magenta, to create as much visual variation as possible and as I speak I am still developing further designs.








No comments:

Post a Comment