Wednesday 26 January 2011

First Video Experiment

Below is my first attempt at beginning to animate my Forrest Gump illustrations. As you can see I have tried to incorporate the two aspects of my design, black lines and geometric shapes, into one with the addition of type and the appropriate colour scheme. I am obviously not entirely happy with the outcome, and would hope that my final pieces resemble it but appear to have been constructed with more knowledge of the programme. I am not convinced over the use of type and might even consider removing it all together as I'm pretty sure the images I am using speak for themselves. Nevertheless it is an attempt and it can only get better from here.



This second video deals with another approach that I may take; using a feather. The video is incredibly rough and the line drawing is not of high quality, I am fully aware of that. But what it does demonstrate is how a feather moves and how much effort it will take on my part to make it look as fluid as possible. A task that I may not feel able enough to take on.


No comments:

Post a Comment