Tuesday 25 January 2011

Background Designs

After experimenting with several different approaches and themes for the background of my illustrations I stumbled across a visual that I really like; the use of geometric shapes. I like the variety that can be created with just two colours; red and blue, and three shapes; circle, triangle and square. So therefore I decided to see just how many visual variations I could come up with, below are the results. As you can see there are perhaps hundreds of possibilities, although some do work considerably better than others. I hope to narrow down my choices to ten different designs, that way each one can be assigned to a frame from the film. I also think there is an avenue to explore here in regards to a self designed typeface. The shapes could assemble at the end of the sequence to reveal the title of the programme, just an idea but definitely one worth exploring.



No comments:

Post a Comment