Monday 22 February 2010

Don't Panic: Vogue.


So we were set a live brief for the first time and it was a simple one word brief, and that word was: Vogue. Initially I was hesitant as I know nothing about fashion, and am not interested in knowing anything about fashion. However, then I realised I didn't have to follow the obvious route, and instead I could poke fun at the fashion world. Since I adore old fashioned film posters I decided that this would be the perfect brief to explore them further, and so decided to design a poster for a fictional film. Out of the first brainstorming session the one word that I wanted to explore was android. However I did not want to simply portray models as robotic, as I didn't want a serious message communicated and am quite frankly not that fussed about how skinny models are. Therefore I used the word 'android' in the traditional sense and spun the idea to reflect the classic invasion movies of the sixties. Think 'Attack of the 60ft Woman' or 'Creature from the Black Lagoon'.


Above is my final design but in two different colour schemes that I decided not to go with. I tried to keep the colours vintage looking and placed a textured background behind the whole thing to again make the poster appear authentic. Below is the final colour scheme that I chose to go with.

No comments:

Post a Comment