Tuesday 22 November 2011

Laser Cut Outcomes

In my second laser cutter session of the day I had better results. It still wasn't completely successful, but I have confidence that I can achieve the intended results within my session for tomorrow. I had to source the ply wood at the start of the hour and remember all the little steps before I could get moving. However, now I know exactly what to do and have a sheet of material for tomorrow I can sit back and let the machine do its magic. I had a slight issue with the machine detecting a background colour on a few of my test pieces, resulting in some less than eye pleasing results, but I quickly fixed the problem and went on to create the piece shown below.

 


A little footage of what the laser cutting process looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment