Wednesday 2 February 2011

Audio

Below are the five pieces of audio that I will be using, each one representative of a period in the film. The first one is a nine minute instrumental by Alan Silvestri. It is used extensively throughout the film, and I think has definite emotional ties. I will be using 50 seconds of this for my actual title sequence. I'm not sure which section I will choose yet, but probably where it begins to pick up slightly.


Below are four clips of audio that I will be using for my idents. The first is Fortunate Son by CCR, and has more than obvious connotations with the Vietnam War. To reflect this era I will be using visuals from Forrest's time in Vietnam.


The next song is Fleetwood Mac's Go Your Own Way, a song that I will be using to represent the period in Forrest's life when he decided to go for little run. It's perfect, as the title suggests, and it is used as background music in the film when Forrest is running up a mountain. 


The third piece of audio for the third ident is Break on Through by The Doors. I will use it to represent the time in Forrest's life when all he knew was ping pong. An interesting fact is that in the scene where Forrest goes from discovering the sport to mastering it, there is a compilation of three Door's songs: Hello, I Love You, People are Strange and of course Break on Through. Love Her Madly is also used a bit later on in the film in a scene with Jenny.


Lastly there is Sweet Home Alabama by Lynyrd Skynyrd. I think this songs pretty much speaks for itself considering the film is set in Alabama. I will use this to represent Forrest's time playing for Alabama State.

No comments:

Post a Comment