Thursday 20 January 2011

After Effects: 19th January

Today we had our penultimate After Effects session with Mike and in it we learned about using audio. It became clear that in our videos we can use everything from a well known song to some of the most bizarre sound effects I have ever heard. This adds a whole other dimension to my current project and from now on whenever I create stills or storyboards I will be thinking about what song would work best. I have plenty of early ideas for audio, mainly because the soundtrack to the film is one of the best soundtracks in existence, but picking the absolute right song is important.


Below is a quick video that I created using a sound effect. Its incredibly simple at only 2 seconds long but it does communicate the idea that whatever I am animating, there is an appropriate sound out there to accompany it.

No comments:

Post a Comment