Thursday 9 December 2010

Storyboards

After our storyboard session with Fred it became apparent that my previous attempts were far from what should actually be being created. I was working with nine frames rather that the necessary 5. Now that I think about it it really does make sense that five is all you need: start, middle, end and two transition boxes. Another useful tip that I picked up yesterday was to start with the middle box an then ask yourself two questions:
  • How did it get there?
  • What happens now it's there?
The answers to these questions should be found within the frames either side. After the session I looked for appropriate storyboard sheets on line containing just the five frames, but was unsuccessful. Therefore I decided that by quickly designing a template and scanning it into a computer I could then print out as many as is required at any stage in my development. Below is what my storyboard sheets will look like from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment