Wednesday 22 December 2010

Final Bounce One

Below is a vimeo video of one of my final four clips. I am not a hundred per cent confident on the colour choices but the basic concept is exactly what I was going for. I think it works well because the idea of 'bouncing' is incorporated into two components of the video; the word itself and the underline. I also like how the word both appears and disappears off screen. It took me a while to get all the timings right and to get it as smooth as possible, but I do think playing around with after effects has helped me to learn as I go and I now feel more confident with the software.



Below are screen grabs from what I feel are the key frames within the sequence. There are sixteen in total, however I am sure that if less, or more, where required I could meet both requirements.


And finally visible below is a screen capture of my layers window within after effects. It shows all the key frames from each layer and when and where they become animated. It also helps reinforce the small timeframe I had to work within. I initially thought five seconds was a long time and I would have no idea of how to fill it, but I soon realised it was in fact the other way round. Too many ideas and not enough time.

No comments:

Post a Comment