Monday 1 March 2010

Visual Language

We were told that for our next visual language session we had to find three examples for the three definitions of a line. Below are the examples that I found for each one.

"A formation of people, objects or things on/beside/behind the other"
For this I found an image of a wall of books, which I found interesting when compared to the traditional 'pile of books' that you would see. I also found a queue of people and a very, very large burger with multiple layers. Each one of these exemplifies the definition in their own unique way.




"A connected series of events, actions or developments"
For this definition I could only think of timelines, therefore I explored to try and find three timelines that were as different from each as possible. The first seems hand rendered and keeps a monotonous colour scheme, the second is about the developments of 'Apple' and very cleverly uses a vectorised image of a tree, therefore making it an 'apple tree'. The third tells the development of food manufacturing and so uses a sort of conveyor belt image to emphasise the message even more.




"A mark indicating position, connection or boundaries"
For the last definition I chose to hand render my three explanations. The first pin points all the major cities in the UK using simple black dots, the second shows all the boundaries of the states in America using dotted lines, and the third is the end result of a dot-to-dot. It's meant to be a strawberry.


No comments:

Post a Comment